Monday, September 17, 2007

Take, Store or Throw

what an interesting weekend.

After spending 7 hours on saturday converting my millions of CD singles onto my ipod so i can take the music to the UK. rediscovering some old old faves. not sure how im going to convert my vinyl to digital. got the turntable but not sure how to record in my laptop. i think windows media player can do it.. but ill play until i figure out.

spend most of sunday sorting my life into 3 distinct piles.

Take (to UK)
Store (at the sydney house until who knows when)
Throw (out)


found some photos i never knew i had.. found heaps of Ansett memorabilia, and even found my very first pay packet. was in 1986 at K-mart and i got $122 for the week. god that seems like so much back then too.

ended up throwing out 3 whole boxes worth of crap that i have carted around with me for the last few moves. Stuff that you think.. oh ill keep that for memories sake, but in reality you never really look at it again.

need to get some photo albums to store the dozens of old photos i found. was a bit sad going thru azll those boxes...seeing happy and painful memories of past, but also acknoledging without them i woudlnt be who i am today, and look how far ive come over the years.

Looking forward to hording loads of junk with scott! he is a bit of a hoarder too and needs to really work hard to get his flat ready for my, and my junks arrival.

going to do more sorting tonight, but since i have an 16 hour work day tomorrow.. (god i cant wait to start the new job. at least there a 16 hour day would have a 3-4 hour break in the middle of it) last training trip tomorrow anyway.. off to sunny downtown brisvegas !

No comments: