Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Itinerary is in the making

**

Well, after a brief scare that my holidays had been cancelled by my employer, it seems the holiday is still a go ahead.

now if only the travel agent would hurry up and actually make the booking. she left it over 2 weeks before looking at the booking (and for those wondering, it was an internal staff travel agency so got no choice but to book through them) ive now lost the chance for a good connection out of London to Amsterdam, and it looks like i have to pay more for a decent connection. "Not happy Jan!"

Got a call from the pay office last week. seems that they have been underpaying me for the past 3 months, by quite a considerable amount. Lord knows how i missed this. anyway, the good news is that they will provide me the backpay, whilst im on holdiays. so the silver lining is that it was like enforced savings and i now have several grand for a holiday bonus. Got to be happy about that.

the holiday plans seem to be at a perfect time. A good mate of mine is working over in Amsterdam and has an apartment there. So ill be in the city, just in time to experience their Pride weekend. Imagine thousands of tourists converging on the one city forthe weekend im going to be there. thank god i dont need to source a hotel, otherwise id be sleeping on the Grachte!

5.5 days in Amsterdam, and then i hop on the train to Germany. 6 hours of the best that DeutscheBahn can offer, before it spews me out in the centre of Hamburg, looking all lost and bewildered. Thank god my german has improved, so im hoping not to get into too much trouble finding my way, if i cant locate my friends at the station. (although i bet they will take great delight in hiding from me and watching me panic. - kein panik auf die Titanik!

the countdown is on.. we are at T minus 14 Days and counting

No comments: