Thursday, October 20, 2005

how slack am I ??

god, it has been ages since i wrote anything in here.. so heres a quick update on the life of the wolf.

The new job as UAt Test Manager, is provings to be an interesting one. ok, so its full of undefined stresses and lurking horrors that im only just barely aware of. but focussing on the priorities in frontof me and trying not to the the enormity of the project scare me too much.

got to go to Auckland for 2 days. but the 3 hour time difference nearly killed me. we arrived at 1am on day one... and had to be in the hotel lobby at 9am. (9am Auckland time is 6am Sydney time) in my sleepy haze i got confused and set my mobile phone alarm to the wake up time, forgetting my phone was on sydney time..... i woke up, 5 mins after i was supposed to be in the lobby. man, i dont think i have ever jumped up so quick.. nor made it across a room in one step. managed to get ready in 10 mins.. but was in a sleep induced haze for about an hour.

day 2 was only slightly better.... and we met at 8.30am... .after a rather boozy night touring the vodka hot spots of the city. anyone who knows me, will know im not a morning person.. so youc an imagine what it was like for me to be ready and packed, in the hotel lobby at 5.30am sydney time.

on the upside, i did get into the qantas first class lounge on the way home.... so that made up for it.

looks like work is thinking that i may need to move to Auckland for 2 weeks soon, to work with the 3rd party software supplier that i will be testing for. interesting!!! always wanted to work overseas.

currently in Brisbane, on a whirlwind visit, as we (my division at work) are headingup to Noosa this afternoon for a conference. hard like.. first class lounges and luxury resorts like the sheraton noosa. who would have thought flight centre would offer me this. must be true, that we open up the world for those who want to see. (man my FC microchip that they insert into you on induction is working overtime today.)

im sure i have more photos to add in the blog, but working on the laptop.. so no access..

stay tuned.

No comments: