Monday, January 22, 2007

busy busy busy

WOW,

what a weekend. actually was a great weekend, got back from Queensland on sat, in time to go out drinking with my adopted little bro, who i havent seen since i came back from O/S (hes from wollongong) ended up drinking a lot, and i cant remember the last time i drank at the newtown hotel on sat night. then sauntered down the imperial for a few more bevvies. got home at 1am. (alone!)

woke at 6am, and since i couldnt sleep any more proceeded (much to the delight of my new housemates) to go on a cleaning spree for 4 hours. but i reckon its only fair since fred seems to cook a lot of dinners for me, i have to do something round the house.

then went out shopping, spent WAY WAY to much on dvds but have a good collection of newbies that will keep me going for a while. then met up with Ian and his new Beau for dinner and more drinks at the newtown.

at newtown, ran unexpectedly into a plethora of friends that i hadnt seen in ages, so really enjoyed having a drink with them.
there was a totally cute (nay - hot) guy in a green t-shirt at the bar that i was checking out, and seemed to be checking me out too... but true to my form, i got really shy, and couldnt go up and make a move.. i reckon its so weird that in so many ways i can be so confident, but when it comes to guys.. totally shy... not to mention, the cuter i think the guy is, the shyer i get (although there have been many exceptions to this)
he was looking at me, i was looking at him, but there didnt ever seem a right moment to stike up a conversation. and with my mates all egging me on, they blew it up into such proportions that it became ridiculous and embarrassing, and i was not going to go then talk to this beautiful stranger and subject him to the embarrassment of having my friends staring at the interaction. for over an hour i had to fend my mates off from their teasing and them threatening to go tell him that i liked him (i mean really.. are we in high school or what??)
i eventually, and sternly told my mates to drop it, as they were causing such a commotion, im not surprised the guy stayed away. although i did give him the chance to come chat if he wanted, when he was outside on the phone and i went to have a ciggie, but i figured my friends had scared him off.
i had decided that if fate decided that i was to meet this guy, then our paths would cross without the hubub of the leering mates.

although, secretly, i do kick myself for not having the guts to at least have gone to say hi. (but ...hmm, hello.. he could have as well)

No comments: