Sunday, January 14, 2007

moving on

well punters,

lots has happened in WolfWorld since my last posts.

christmas was neatly disposed on, and NYE survived.
WOW what a NYE it was. was lucky enough to be invited to a 40th floor appartment overlooking the city and harbour.. best view i reckon, and finally after all my years in sydney, saw the fireworks on the harbour, live!!! magical. went to the party with a new friend... and didnt know anyone else at the party. i thought it was kind of fitting in a way, to see the new year out, kind of alone.. well amost people but no one very close.
2006 was really a year of self sufficiency and being alone. or at least devoid of close familar surroundings.
breaking up a semi-relationship of 18 months back in Jan 2006, and being single since. leaving my job after 5 years and travelling around the world, on my own (gotta love reduncancy!!) getting hired back by the same company on my return too !
losing touch with a lot of people i knew and going thru the process of reconnecting, although the good friends are still as strong as ever, its strange to come back from 5 months away to see people having moved on with their lives in ways you would never have expected.

having packed up and moved house, all on my own, which was not as stressful as i thought, and kinda fitting in line with the whole year of doing all the stuff i need to, on my own. does make you cherish the joys of a relationship, that companion thru life thats by your side even in the mundane things. that wind beneath your winds that just keeps you going, even when you doubt yourself or think things are insurmountable. having spent a great deal of my life being in a relationship, there wasnt that much single time for me, and the past year, ive learnt so much about being on my own and being totally self sufficient. dont get me wrong, i have good close frineds who if i turned to and asked for help at any stage would be there in a flash, but its been great not to have to ask and see how much i can do on my own.

so 2006 has been a year of self. self discovery, self sufficiency, and self awareness. boundaries were found and crossed, courage and bravery nurtured, and horisons and limits so expanded.

i think 2007 will be a year of crossing boundaries and exploring the unexplored. already i have moved house, new surrounds, with flatmates!!! first time in 4 years living not alone...its interesting. new job, exploring new skills that have lay dormant. with my overcoming a lot of my shyness and finding confidence in myself, and getting myself out there and into situations i never before dared, should turn 007 into a great year.

this year will see a new home being built, a new lifestyle, a return trip to Germany, and lord knows what else. god i could even end up married.. lol yeah right, chance wud be a fine thing.

2 comments:

kookyknut said...

Welcome back mate, Happy New Year, all the best for '07... It's going to be an exciting year.

Muzbot said...

NYE sounds like it was a good one. hope living with others continues to be fun while it lasts. '07 looks good for all of us it seems :)