Thursday, November 08, 2007

lucky streaks cant last

sigh.. knew it was too good to be true. tried my best but the 100% run just wasnt going to last.

the last few days have been hell!! so fucking much to learn, and remember.. facts and figures going around in my head so much, its all a blur.

last 2 days i have only managed to get 96%. got one question wrong in each exam.

so far we have been lucky and everyone has passed all exams (pass is 88%)

today, we saw one girl fail an exam. means she has to take a resit exam tomorrow. hope she studies because if you fail that, they will give her a verbal exam tomorrow after lunch and if she fails that, she is out. eeek.. and we dont want to lose anyone.

mind you , yesterday was a bit of fun, where we were in a mock up cabin and went through all the stages of flight, pretending to be real trolley dollies. i got to do from take off until disembarkation. got to sit in jump seats.. secure cabins, and play with all the bells and whistles. was dead exciting..even if i did catch my finger in the jump seat... mega-ouch.

today was fire safety day and we got to go out to a fire training facility in the middle of no-where. got to put out an over fire with a BCF extinguisher. and also had to don a smoke hood and make my way through a smoke filled cabin, and grab an extinguisher and fight a pretend toilet fire.

was really eerie walking through this cabin which was the back section of a real 747. what you are used to seeing, looks totally alien when filled with smoke.. the light (of which there was only 2 small ones at the back of the cabin) was dim and spooky. the only sound is your breathing in the smook hood. im vaguely aware of my 2 crew mates with me shouting out if im ok, as part fo the standard checks..but really easy to feel freaked out as everything seems so closed in. but wish i coudl go do it all again.

easier night fo study tonight.. just have to study fire drills and elements and types of fires. should only take an hour of study, plus by pre flight checks and durations of fire fighting equipt.

scott went to LA today... will be back saturday. hopefully i can surprise him with a nice 100% result for the next 2 exams. he is very proud of me but im gutted i didnt get 100% i have very high expectations of me, and although most people have been getting one or two wrong in most exams... i want to exit the course knowing i achieved what i set out for and that i know is all confidently. 2 more days and we are half way through the course. phew. the group are bonding even closer which means the dirty talk is becoming more and more prevalent. tee hee.

been discovering the joys of facebook. most of our group are in there and slowly finding people i knwo and havent seen for eons on there.

missing my friends back home heaps

1 comment:

Danny said...

Dan,
I am so proud of you.

I don't want you to beat yourself any more about your 96%ers, Fuck the way you are going "YOU WILL" be Dux of the intake.

Law of Attraction is working for you big time, keep on thinking positive, see yourself looking down at your next exam paper an seeing the 100%.

I got goosebumps when you were looking about fighting fires. I want to here when you have to fight a fire, fix a flood and deal with someone being hurt, if it gets that intense.

I have some news for ya...

The doctor is letting me go back to sea. He is a gay doctor, and I printed out my blog for him to read, and by doing that, he seen how determine I am to losing this belly of mine.