Friday, April 28, 2006

Crazy Germans

Well today we went to Gnosa for breakfast... my most regular cafe here... was nice to order once again in German (even if I ended up with only one fried egg when I ordered 2.

anyway.. We walked around the city.. Looking at all the new things they have built for FIFA. oh my god, we thought that there was a lot done for the Sydney Olympics and all the ads were Olympics.. Well magnify that about 100 times and that's what they have done here for FIFA. Every 2nd ad has something to do with football and they have goal posts all over the city.... and a big one, lit up in blue lights, in the middle of the lake here.. and apparently they will point green lasers though it for every German goal scored. Also they have this train ticket you can buy that will be valid for a long as Germany is still playing into he cup. And you can travel anywhere in Germany with it.. and if Germany wins, the ticket will be valid for the rest of the year.... amazing.

anyway.. We picked up a friend of Andreas' and went to sit by the lake, and eat ice creams. mind you its freezing cold today.... about 8 degrees, and here are all these germans sitting outside in this huge cafe by the lake, like it was mid summer, eating ice creams.. crazy !

tonight we go to Stens place.. to surprise all the other germans I know, although I think it is going to be a bit hard to understand all the German being spoken when everyone is talking so fast all together. but ill try.. and if I fail... ill just get pissed on German beer ! easy.

I have gotten andreas addicted to Little Britain... its so funny to hear him come up with al the english sayings that we in australia also did when it first came on...

anyway... must dash.. got to practice my German linguistics.

No comments: