Saturday, April 22, 2006

London To Amsetrdam

Hahaha.. I spoke too soon. The London to Amsterdam flight was the flight from HELL!!!!
Picture this…. I get n board the aircraft, tired from the 32 hours I have already been travelling.. The migraine is just bearable, ut I thnk its only an hour flight so ill be fine. I discover that my seat is in the 2nd last row. And joy of joys, I have two 2 year old girls in the row behind me, a passenger fails to board, so we have to remove his luggage…the twine brats are screeching and screaming at the top of their lungs, their piercig sirens are cutting through my head like red hot pokers in stereo. We are delayed on the ground 40 mins, and they are screaming for the entire 40 mins. one of the twin girls cannot decide where she wants to sit. With Dad who is sitting in the window in the row behind me, or with granddad who is sitting on the aisle directly behind me, or with mum who is sitting cross the firebug behind me.. So this little she-devil is pushing past granddad and knocking my seat even 2 mins. (PLEASE !!! Someone kill me now)
Finally we startt o pushback, and the twins must be strapped in… this just encourages them to both howl and cry…at top lung capacity… they were so loud that the flight attendants had to turn up the safety demo volume just so we could hear.. (my head is about to explode…!!)
I resign myself to the fact im going to be in agony for his trip, and set about trying to meditate and try to drown out the toddler harpies. (with only marginal success)
Finally I land in Amsterdam… only to have the luggage carousel jam and luggage spews all over the floor. They ix it, but don’t clean up the bags laying on the floor, so I have 1 bag, but the ther hasn’t appeared. Thankfully after 15 mins decide to go check the pile of bags on th efloor..and hooray my missing bag is there (thank god)
So when I finally got to Jons place….and met his friend Jennifer.. The result of being on my own for over 35 hours kicks in and I start talking at 100 miles and hour…i
Had ½ a beer and decided that alcohol at this point was not a good idea. I had a blissful shower..and hey.. I didn’t get stuck in the shower cubicle this time. We set out to g drinking on the town for the afternoon (well Jen and Jon did….thinking of changing my name to a “J” Name to fit in what about Jack…Jordan…Jared ??) I decided that coffee and coke was good enough as I had to stay awake until at least 9pm.
By 8 pm I was fading fast and so dragged them to the supermarket (before it closed) to buy supplies so I could cook breakfast)
Go to love impulse buying. Jen grabbed some lollies from the cash register counters..only to discover when we got home and she shoved one in her mouth, that they were cough lollies.. Hahaha
Managed to stay awake until 9.30 and then crashed like a log. Slept 12 hours !! Wooo hoo!!
Out to face the bleak and cold day (yesterday was so warm.. Today is freezing!! )

No comments: