Saturday, April 22, 2006

Sydney to London

Well.. Here I sit at Hong Kong airport. Wow this place is huge. Typing this on my new laptop, which I haven’t had the chance to use on the first flight, as there was no in-seat power. But did buy an inseat power adaptor at Sydney airport for the next flight so that from now on I will always have one and can also use in cars…should I ever need to use the laptop and drive at the same time.
Had 4 ciggies already in the space of an hour. Staying close to the lounge so I can go have 2 more before boarding, was so surprised by the Qantas economy.. They had video on demand and so I watched movies and TV shows all the way. Bought a pair of cheap noise reducing headphones.. Man I never realised how loud the jet engines were until I turned those on. You cant hear the plane at all and the movie sound is crystal clear. Also means I can use with my laptop too.
Anyway, as per usual, seated near all the weirdos. The girl in front was pissing herself laughing most of the way. I reckon she was also watching Little Britain series three. Fuck that was funny.. Had not seen it before. Thought Ting Tong from Ping Pong and Bubbles were my faves this go round. Then watched most of series one of Ab-Fab.
The woman next to me played solitaire for 7 hours and only got up to got the toilet just before landing.. Man.. A woman that can hold it for 8 hours.. Who would ever have thought.(even I went twice) ..
The guy behind me was playing Madonna in his headphones soooo loud I could hear it in the row in front… (Sue….. I so was thinking of you…… especially when he started singing it out loud! Funny how people forget where they are)
The fussy old Italian couple across the aisle kept playing musical chairs. And the old Italian man actually sat sideways in his chair for at least 10 mins and just stared at me.
On the plus side, the immigration guy (Gavin) at Sydney openly flirted with me. What a shame I was leaving the country eh/ he was totally a babe, muscles and tanned and well, best I stop there or ill get all worked up.
Well.. We board in an hour.. And I have a 13.5 hour trip to London ahead of me. Luckily I haven’t slept yet so will play a little Sims2 and then take a sleeping tab and knock myself out for at least half of that. Shall sign off now and will continue this from London.



Well.. Arrived in London, sitting at a restaurant at Heathrow…..enjoying (somewhat) my first of many meals alone. Arrived here with a whopping migraine… thank god there’s a chemist here. Have taken 2 ultra strong pain killers..lets hope I don’t fall asleep somewhere.. Tee hee.
Anyway, the flight from Hong Kong went pretty quick. I started to watch just one movie…. Transamerica (great movie by the way, hope Felicity gets an award for that) but fell asleep before it finished. Woke up with only 4 hours to go, so played a bit of sims and watched a bit of star trek on the laptop.. God I m sooooooooooooo happy I had it with me.. We landed before I knew it.
The most frustrating thing is I know it is only really about 30-40 mins flying time from here to Amsterdam, and yet from when I landed I still had about 8 hours until I get out of the airport at Amsterdam. (godverdammer!!)
If it wasn’t for the headache, I’m sure I would be checking out he spunks here.. Although have seen a few that I would think…oh my god what a hunk…but head too busy pounding and stomach churning.. Although I must admit, took the tablets about 20 mins ago and already feeling a bit better. Never know I just may find something to amuse my time with here at the airport.


You know you have arrived in Europe when even at the airport, you are asked if you want smoking or non smoking in the restaurant.
Already trying to think in German and Dutch to practice. Thank god for Madonna, I can now say ‘I’m Sorry” in Dutch too. So can add that in front of my “I don’t speak dutch” since everyone there assumes I’m dutch… I have been told that in Amsterdam if they hear you speak English they will automatically switch to English, but not for me.. I ask in English and 7/10 times they will respond to me in dutch.. I’ve been told that I could pass for dutch or German or Slavic…. So hey it’s a compliment I reckon.

Can hear some Americans behind me ordering breakfast…. What on earth is a breakfast burrito ? Only in America I can say (speaking of which saw 2 beautiful American punk/skater boys at HK..think ill enjoy america a lot.
Oh well.. 3 more hours until we board the flight to Holland. It always makes me laugh that where the plane lands there is closer to Rotterdam than Amsterdam and the last 20 mins of the flight is actually spent driving back to the terminal.
Just called a mate Alex back in Sydney.. He just got the job of his dreams.. Im so proud of him. Not sure how the test team will cope without him, as he was the only other person there with test experience… and just found out the person who is taking over what I did (form Brisbane) is going on holidays during the test cycle.. I cant believe the unprofessionalism.. But hey.. I can just not worry.. But cant help it. I still even now care deeply for the project and even now feel frustrated at whats going on there even though I no longer work for them. (yet again, flight centre let go the people that actually really care about the work and the company and take a personal pride in making it all work. Let it go Dan, let it go)
Anyway.. Will end up here and let you all know how I went getting to A’dam later.. Schipol Airport ALWAYS has funny stories….. Hoping to have at least one since nothing exciting has happened so far.

No comments: