Sunday, February 11, 2007

catch up

WOW - what a whirlwind of a few weeks.

where havent i been? been to Melbourne twice, which was great to be able to catch up with brett down there and also see his friends Dez and Al, who just moved down there from sydney.. typical i meet 2 nice guys and they just moved away.. (no it wasnt coz of me)

spent 3 days in adelaide.. kinda cool.. got to see Bob.. my ex.. was really weird coz havent seen him for over a year, and last when we saw each other, things were not so great between us. at least now things are without all the hurt and emotion. actually was really worried about meeting him as for the last 12 months, every time i thought of him, a wave of sadness and heartache washed over me like a heavy cloud. weird! anyway, i think this time was goodbecause we both got to get a bit of closure and i feel so much better knowing that we can see each other without the agony of seperation and hurt.

even so... for the longest time when ever i heard this son, i would think of him.



then flew to Perth for a day... and then back to sydney, and now tonight, i go back to Perth for a week. 5 hours in a plane.. god, im kinda getting sick of it. who wud ever have thought, me, sick of being in a plane. i guess coz i have to sit there and do nothing for so long and the movies on domestic flights are BORING.. although Marie Antoinette was kinda cool.

not really looking forward to spending Valentines day, alone, in perth, with not even my single mates around... going to be a big old loser this year.... kinda like the year when i was living with my ex and he told me not to come home on VAL evening so he could cook a romantic meal for his new boyfriend, so i had to sit at work for hours, alone in my office, waiting for an appropriate time to go home, coz all my friends at that time were in relationships. god! what a door mat i was to him, shoudl have told him to go out for dinner but hey, it was a bit of a weird time in my life so lets not go there.

so ill face V-day alone this year.. but will not be moping.. perhaps ill explore the streets of perth and go sit in a restaurant and look all confidently alone but bravely putting on a face, so some handsome fella will come sweep me off my feet..lol actually no.. trust me i have no issues being single... happily so.. until Mr Right comes along to make me change my mind... its just V-day is the one day of the year where everyone seems to rub it in your face about being in a rship.

what about me?



anyway - enough moping.. not that i wasnt. just being reflective.. i think bert is coming to sydney on friday.. not really sure since i havent heard from him, confiming his arrival. and god - another birthday coming up in the next 2 weeks.. perhaps i should schedule another trip away so i can avoid it. thinking of reversing the age this year and going back 1 year. hahahaha havent told many people exactly when it is so i might just make it this year without a scratch.


on a brighter note - i fucking just LOVE this song. gets me right in the nuts it does, and makes me wanna get up and dance. shall listen to it on the plane tonight and torture myself having to sit still. hahahaha


No comments: