Friday, February 16, 2007

Daniel is travelling tonight on a plane

i can see the red tail lights..... oh god, i hate that song.... only becuase everyone sings it to me. (that and danny boy)

today is my last day in Perth, and ill be very glad to be getting home, only because im kinda over travelling..... NEVER thought i would say that, but it would be nice to have at least a week at home.

has been nice here, the trainees are good, although this last lot have tried my patience a little ... but it is all about learning tricks and techniques to control my class. so its all a learning process and an opportunity to learn.. so all good.

have been plagued by IT issues yet again...bain marie of my life kimmie! where systems problems have prevented me from properly training some aspects. sigh.

on the plus side, i discovered, during the course of my training, some pretty hefty bugs (program errors) in the training version which was about to go live the next day. would have caused absolute chaos if they had released the version, so i ended up getting a personal thank you call from the head of technology (from NZ) COOL!

so... onto a 4 hour flight tonight. will prob sleep a bit.

now onto the bad news (actually its not so bad) but looks like i have to come back to perth again for 3.5 days sometimes in the next 2 weeks to run another course, plus i got a call from the business tech dept, in which i may need ot train all of the account managers in something, which would mean a road show for me flying to Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth, each for one day. i could either do it as a non stop round trip, or i could do it as day returns... which actually would mean more freq flyer points.

but this does play havok with my social life. i guess im feeling very disjointed from my life right now. having been around the world for 5 months and constantly being in new places and new people surrounding me and living out of a suitcase, then coming back home to reconnect to my life, but then finding a job in which i travel a fair bit, has meant i have found it hard to reconnect, and now im feeling the brunt of this. although my good friends know what im going thru and it isnt a case with them on how often i see them as the bond is and always will be there, but does lead to feeling a little lonely as lots of time spent in hotel rooms on my own. i will survive however!

No comments: