Saturday, July 28, 2007

unexpected delays


god, i actually never thought i would be so happy to end a holiday and go away from scott... actually that part is ripping me to shreds, but insane flight loadings have left me stranded in the UK for a week now...each day not knowing if i will be leaving the UK or not. Scott and i have had so many "last nights together" that i think we will be so ready to say goodbye. (anyone who has ever worked in the travel indiustry and knows what staff traqvel or standby is like will relate)

so today i had to bite the bullet and go buy a real ticket one way, which luckily only cost me £700 one way..... works out about $1700 aussie dollars... money i didnt have but its got beyond being funny and i need to be home asap. so i have 2 more nights here before i can get on a flight but at least im booked and confirmed and will be even getting freq flyer points for it. if this doesnt get me my qantas gold status nothing will. sad thing is that scott will be away my last night here.. so it will be rather odd to be leaving here without him even being here.. so tonight really is our last night together.

on the upside, he is in sydney again for a night in 2 weeks time, and then a week after that he will be back in sydney for 2 whole weeks. just in time to help me move my house. (and if work thinks they are sending me interstate to do training the week i am moving, they will have another thing coming.)

so ill be home in sydney at 6.15am (gack!) on the 31st of july. and already work are sending me to brisbane on the 1st on august for a couple of days.

on the really up side, i will have some rather exciting news to tell the world in a week or so. sorry to tease but ive been sworn to secrecy at the moment.

stay tuned...ill advise as soon as i can

No comments: