Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Brisbane Wolf

oh man.... what a schlep! yesterday was the day from hell....murphys law really was in force and whatever could go wrong, did go wrong.

taxi was a little late and we hit traffic as we neared the airport, and i missed check in for my flight by 5 mins.... the first time in my life (after many many many years of flying) did i actually miss my flight. had to wait 30 mins for the next one, not so bad.
taxi queue at Brisbane Airport was monstrous.
got to the training office to pick up the data projector... at the time that i was due to start the course, but the place i was training was 3 large blocks away. luckily i had one of the students onside and has sms'd her to tell the others i was 10 mins late.
raced the 3 blocks, with luggage, laptop bag and data projector in tow.. got there, drenched with sweaty. brisbane was mega humid and was more like swimming than walking.

got to Level 10 of the building i was to train in... but no one was around to tell me which training room i had been assigned. since there was only 1 left spare, i assummed room 1 was mine.
the manuals we had delivered to the team leader over here were no where to be found...and neither was the team leader.

none on the computers for my trainees to use has log ins on them so no one knew how to access the computers. AHHH.. so had to spend precious time on phone to helpdesk.. who were no help. eventually we found a log in and extrapilated the rest of the log ins.

then i had 2 trainees do a no show.

by this stage i just wanted to cry.

training went ok.... although we were behind.

was so out of it with stress.... after ordering a black coffee from the shop downstairs, and having the guy hand it to me saying black coffee... it took me until the last sip to realise it actually had milk in it.

walking around at lunch was a treat... i keep forgetting how much eye candy there is in brisbane..so had a bit of a perve which kept me through the afternoon.. i have noticed the major difference between sydney and brisban epeople is that brisbane people will make eye contact in the street and sydney people dont. which when i first came up here kinda freaked me out.. b the end of the day i kept thinking...why is everyone looking at me..do i have something on my face?? until i realised we are just cold in sydney.

by the time i walked the 5 blocks to my hotel in the sweaty heat... i just wanted to hide in my hotel room, wishing someone would just hug me, and hold me and let me know the day was over, and i had survived. a little physical reassurance sometimes goes a long way. suffice to say even though i was beat, i couldnt sleep..in this huge king sized bed, prob too many things running around in the mind. again, would have been nice to fall asleep in a securing pair of arms, protected from the big bad world, that seemed against me that day. (my turn to protect next time eh?)

today however is just peachy keen and things seem to be going well. its bloody hot but that means even more perving material!!!

No comments: