Friday, November 24, 2006

slip of the brain

in the cold splash of reality yesterday, totally forgot to add in.. i had my first language slip up yesterday. was giving directions to a work collegue, who is new to sydney, and when she finally understood where i was directing to, in my excitment i actually said "genau" in german rather than "exactly" in english.. totally out of the blue and totally surprised me. may not seem like much, but really thrilled me that in the heat of a moment, i would by mistake speak a language that isnt my mother tongue, especially when i worked so hard to learn german. so kinda made me a bit proud.

trying not to think too much on the unexpected revelations of last night.... not going to let the past get me down! so i looked at this, which always makes me smile.

2 comments:

Muzbot said...

Melancholy and cryptic... interesting combination. Hope all's ok there in Wolf World...

Boser Wolf said...

Wolf is fine. Tougher than i look