Monday, November 20, 2006

on ya bike !

after getting home.. tired and sweaty, i literallyhad to force myself on the bike, but ended up riding for about 45 mins, back and forth, forth and back.. up and down all the back streets of Erko. having been years since i was on a bike, i wanted to stick to quieter realms so that i could get the feel of the bike and gain my balance again....

fuck me if i cant get the gears figured out.. i dont know which way im supposed to be setting them to go uphill. went up one steep one and nearly puckered out.. and god damn it if there were not 2 guys walking down the street att he same time, and there was just no way i was going to tucker out halfway with an audience.. which was kinda good since it spurred me on to push myself past the wall. reminds me of my days at martial arts class, where we would be doing group exercise, and there was no way you wanted to be the first one to give up and conk out.

managed to be brave and go across mitchell rd (main rd) although thank god a car came coz my wee bike didnt seem to be activating the trigger to make the lights green.

getting off the bike was an experience.. thighs and calves ached like they were made of lead.. felt a bit like a thunderbird (and NOT lady penelope!) i think im going to like riding, just i think it would be nicer to be able to ride with someone rather than scooting around on my own... but i guess we cant have everything in life now can we?

cant believe xmas is just around the corner. UGH. where has this year gone?? and where have all the flowers gone come to think of it? this time of year is both happy and sad..fun yet annoying... endless xmas carols from manically cheerful choirbots, but sparkly pretty things all around.. hopefully some presents for you.... the beauty of the jacaranda trees lining my street, raining lilac flowers, creating a carpet of mauve for you to walk to work on... except they fill up the front yard, and turn bown and create a never ending sweeping task. (well as i always say/think.. if you want the rainbows, you gotta put up with the rain.)

gonna be glad when the team is back in the office tomorrow. was bored brainless today being there on my own. got a cource design workshop tomorrow.. (all day - gack) but at least its one step closer to getting the course to bed and i can get out there and in front of my trainees (god bless em)

3 comments:

Muzbot said...

There's alway's cold water in my fridge if you ever need a pit stop not far from Mitchell Rd...

Boser Wolf said...

well, theres an offer ive not had before.

and kim said i was flirtin !!

look carefully, something has changed on here, and i think you will then know what to do

KPB said...

I don't get it - how can you work in technology but your profession be a trainer? Do you line all the 'puters up and get them doing sit-ups so when us punters get in to the office they all don't work???

And listen, the flirtin' call - I don't know how things work in your world - what is flirting to us might be standard conversation over there. I'm always at a loss.

And I have a piece in draft form for SMH's Heckler titled Dear bike riders, the road is not there to share. I have a subhead titled So fuck off, but somehow I don't think that will ever get through.