Thursday, August 02, 2007

back on home turf

after a gruelling torturous 26 hour journey, i finally made it back home. being cramped into cathay pacific economy class for that long, was cruel and unusual punishment. but realistically it didnt seem as long or bad as i thought it would.

except now that im home, i find myself missing scott more than i thought i would. it feels like a part of my body has been ripped away. not being able to talk to him as often or basically just roll over in bed and feel him next to me, is feeling really weird. my flatmate, who owns the house has issues with me being on the phone, so scott and i are really limited to very short conversations on mobile phones which is costing us a fortune, or having him call me on my work land line as he gets free international land line calls.
on the plus side, he is here in sydney on a trip in a weeks time, and luckily its on a weekend, and my team at work is having a team building weekend at the hunter valley, partners included, so we are going to be spending the weekend getting drunk together. then he flies back to london, and turns aroudn and is coming right back for a 2 week holiday down here.

which is really great timing as he can help me pack and move house, as my new house is finally ready to move into. basically this means by end of august i will be living in it, but probably moving out beforte then so i can have the convenience of having a free phone line to use to speak with scott.

this also means i can have a good friend of mine come over from germany to stay in the new house, as he has been waiting to come see me, and australia.

jet lag is still playing havok.... got up at 4am this morning... even got to the office a whole 40 mins early.... but did manage a 30 min phone call with scott so well worth it.

off to brisbane next week for 2 days and then 3 days in melbourne the following week.
trying desperately not to get any trips away for the 2nd half of sept, so that my friend from germany doesnt have to follow me around the country, since im in brisbane 1st week of sept and melbourne 2nd week of sept. sigh... life of the jetsetter.. will it ever end?

No comments: