Saturday, August 06, 2005

And this is summer???

**
ok guys....What happened to the summer.

today is like I know Amsterdam to be. Cold, wet and windy.

im laughing now that thank god I didnt make too much of a fuss to my mates back home that I was escaping the winter and heading for summer.... Because I think its warmer and nicer back home in the winter, than it is here today in the summer.....

but still I am having a ball. got to see more of the city today and my god, I cant believe I have never been to Vondelpark before. very nice and green.... a hidden oasis in the midst of the crowded hustle and bustle that is A'dam.

walked around the centrum today..... ive learned that i can walk around for about 10 mins knowing exactly where i am and then all of a sudden i have no idea where i am..... but have learned that if i just keep walking inthe one direction, in another 10 mins im back on track and know exactly where i am. i think its important to have a vague idea of the direction you want to head to and just cross the fingers and hope for the best.


walking along a normal looking street today, and something caught my eye in a window down at knee level.. oh my god it was a semi clad prostitute smiling up at me from her window. i had forgotten about this.

tonight we are to go to a restaurant of a friend of mines, on the Prinzegracht (i think thats how you spell it)

oh today i ordered my coffee in dutch... very impressed.. actually it was sheer blind luck i understood when he asked if i wanted it black or with milk but ...shhhhh secret squirrel.... dont tell anyone.

thankfully my pay has gone in on time so now i have spending money (and who says miracle only happen at xmas..... flight centre actually put the pays in on time for once. although im betting the next one is late)

hope to have more photos for y'all soon. just today was such crap weather theres not much point getting out the camera, although im tempted to take a typical grachte pic with me on a bridge. so cliche but then..... its not a cliche for nothing.

ok, off drinking now... mmmmmm.....Becks Gold !!!!

No comments: