Tuesday, August 23, 2005

look! up in the sky!!

is it a bird? is it plane? (is it a bee?)
no it is the sun!! oh arise fair sun, and kill the envious moon, who is already sick and pale with envy. (oh dear, its gone to my head)

sorry world for disappearing. ok, lets recap the last weeks events. last week the sun shone (and was schöne) for 2.5 whole days.. wow.

took great pleasure in going to the beach.... was fantastic to be lying on the sand, the cool breeze keeping the heat at bay...... had a great time.... although not really sure why it was so great...i never go to the beach back home... but since its on the other side of the world.. i made concessions with my enjoyment.

then went to a place called travemünde. had to have ice cream there.. was the sun was really hot. i ordered off the menu, and of course i had to accidently pick the biggest, tallest, most gayest looking ice cream dish they had..... ill try to connect the photos next week.

spent time just lazing around hamburg, basking in the new summer 8which y the way has quickly disappeared again.

then, 2 days ago, i hopped on a train and headed to Köln (thats Cologne for the english people)
a friend of andreas' whose name is Jens was going there for a seminar for a week so invited me to go along if i wanted. Köln is nice..but a bit boring. with Jens at his seminars during the day, im left on my own to entertain myself. im sure theres lots to do...if youre with someone...but its a bit boring on your own. but on the up side..spending so much time alone has made be think twice about being single. have spend so much time on my own.. has made me think about abandoning the single life and settle down. so i thik i have some serious thinking to do on this one.

having to deal with a bit of heartache, on my own, which is a bit hard, and im sure this is what is making the city seem so grey..that and the constant grey clouds.

went to the zoo today.... wandered around looking at the animals. was a small zoo with your standard animals... but was surprised to see they had a cassowery (how ever you spell it)

my hotel room..... ive dubbed my cell.. it absolutely tiny.... and is reminiscent of a cheap motel in Queensland.. the garish bed spread and drapes, that almost match, except they shouldnt. but its cheap and kind of central.... a 15 min walk to the main railway station. but it suits my purposes nicely. not looking forward to the schlep back to the main railway station with my bags, on friday.

off to berlin on friday...where my friend in sydney, who works in Amsterdam, is meeting me. hes coming back to work and is taking a week early to come see germany. his chance to see it with someone who can speak the lingo.

hahaha.. ok so im not fluent by any means.. but since in Köln, alone, i must fend for myself, and am not speaking english during the day at all, and ordering meals and coffees like a pro.
havent managed to figure out the train ticket system here yet...so have been walking endlessly... got a bit of a cold which yesterday had me doped up to the eyeballs with codral. but i soldier on.

will attempt to find more internet cafes to keep the blog up to date, as so much has happened and i keep thinking in my head to put it in the blog, and yet now all seems misty and inconsequential.

bis bald

tschuß!!!!

No comments: