Monday, August 08, 2005

God how could I forget


I had almost forgotten.....

imagine this...... I've come out of the nightclub..... Bit tipsy and all..... And we go sit in a cafe waiting for one of the shops to open, before we go back to the flat. im sitting alone waiting for Jon who is ordering coffee at the bar, when a Dutch man comes up to me and asks if I can help him.

he shows me a newspaper, and says to me, can I please explain what this word means...... Wait for it.... The word he points to is...........(drumroll) ENEMA.

firstly, picture the state im in.... secondly, how the hell do you explain enema to someone who's first language is not english.. oh man.. ... Im still wondering if i am to be on a hidden Dutch camera show or something. WAROUM ICH??

on the up side.... after 7 visits to nederlands, i can now pronounce Regulierdwarstraat. finally.
(thanks Paul)


oh and sorry for another Cliched grachte pic...couldnt help it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would have thought, with all that anal activity going on over there, that the one English word the Dutch understood would be enema!

Seems to me it's a good thing you're leaving AMS. Too much fun is bad for you. Time to have a little rest mate.

YM